Ahhh, wasn't it beautiful in all of it's rustic artificial artsiness...
But sadly all festivities must come to an end, so, we officially said goodbye to our first Christmas season today. We took down our fabulous faux Frasier Fir. In honor of this more involved project than we thought momentous occasion, I thought I would take you for a little trip down our memory lane to the spot where our Christmas tree resides. Let's take a look at some of our favorite ornaments...
![]() |
| One of three Lenox butterflies (These were the very first presents Honey Bunches gave me- post Christmas 2009) |
![]() |
| Mary Poppins (As some of you know, we love our shows!) |
| A sweet squirrel that was given to us this year by one of my best friends. |
![]() |
| Of course a picture of Big Dog. And yes, we believe in equal opportunity ornamentation...there was one of The Stink as well! |
![]() |
| "Kissmas Cottage" First in the Kringleville Hallmark series that we decided to start together this year. How appropriate these kissing darlings were. You move the lever and they come out of their cottage and smooch! |
![]() |
| Our Christmas card picture (made on Snapfish) |
![]() |
| One of my favorite photos from our wedding (also made on Snapfish) |
Ok, now we'll exit the memory lane train. Watch your step...and let the undecorating (yes, my friends it is a real word) begin...

![]() |
| Look at my Honey Bunches, diving in with no fear of what's ahead! |

Yes, we are finally going to have our floor space back...we're gettin' ready to put on our dancin' shoes... our tree is boxed and ready to store away until our next Merry Christmas....
Or so we thought....
Don't look now, but it appears that there is a tree sticking out of the box... Yes, no matter how we tried, that baby was not goin' back in there! So, welcome to our current living room. Guess we'll be looking in the retail Christmas clearance bins for one of those tree-sized, lovely red bags that I should've bought a couple of months ago.
Oh well, before I say goodbye for today, I thought I'd give you a glimpse of what Stinky was doing while we were dismantling the tree... This boy loves some television and apparently The Princess and the Frog is one of his favorites!










Yay! Another blog to follow! I love putting up the Christmas decorations, but taking them down is a chore!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow Sara! Honestly, after all of that, I kinda can't wait to put next year's decorations up!!
ReplyDelete