One final post on our Canada trip coming soon... and a post about a very special recent delivery!!!
But, in the meantime, enjoy....
I know I just told you guys about a barbeque"ish" chicken recipe, but I couldn’t resist letting you know about this one I found in a recent issue of All You Magazine. The fact that it is a slow cooker recipe is just the sauce on the top of the bbq sandwich!! This Blessed Girl will be trying this recipe very soon!
But, in the meantime, enjoy....
I know I just told you guys about a barbeque"ish" chicken recipe, but I couldn’t resist letting you know about this one I found in a recent issue of All You Magazine. The fact that it is a slow cooker recipe is just the sauce on the top of the bbq sandwich!! This Blessed Girl will be trying this recipe very soon!
Slow-Cooker Barbeque Chicken
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 6 hours
Serves: 8
Ingredients:
24 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. low-sodium chicken broth
1. Put chicken in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
2. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and chicken broth. Stir into sauce in slow cooker, cover and cook until sauce is thickened and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to cooker, stir, cover and continue cooking on low for 45 minutes. Serve chicken on whole-grain buns, over brown rice or with baked potatoes if you like.
Sounds easy, doesn’t it! Let me know what you think!

Sounds good! I'll be trying this very soon. Just this morning I was looking for new slow cooker recipes. :) Thanks for posting this!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it! Let me know what you think when you try it!
ReplyDeletedefinitely going to have to try it!!!
ReplyDelete