Inspired by this post from Beth Moore, as we say goodbye to a year, these three words signify 2011 in my life: choice, contentment, and awe.
Choice~ Each day I have a choice to make regarding the kind of day I'm going to have. I'm learning to train my mind, focusing on what He would like me to accomplish in the day, what outlook He would like me to have when I get up to face the day. Am I there yet? Everyday, no. Some days, yes.
Contentment~ In spite of some unexpected health issues in 2011, He is teaching me to be content. Even in discomfort. Even with unwanted diagnoses from doctors. He is attempting to correct my lifelong struggle with worry and fear. He is patiently entreating me to "...be content in whatever the circumstances." (Phil. 4:11) Teaching me to keep marching on, living victoriously with joy.
Awe~ As my husband and I celebrated our first year of marriage in the final months of 2011, I looked back upon a year of awe in where God has placed me. Where He has led me. Who He has given me. He was taking care of me all along. He was guiding me for years to this place, this person. He cares about me. Little me. He gave me the man of my dreams. The man I had just about given up on finding. He gave me a man who is patient with me, who has a servant heart, who makes me feel beautiful. I am in awe of my Lord's care for me and I am in awe of my undeserving state.
I encourage you to take some time in the next few days, look back upon 2011, and explore how God changed you, grew you, molded you, and stretched you. You will be amazed as He starts filling your heart and mind with His goodness and presence as you search for His hand.
Happy 2012 to you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment