Ok...here goes something I have been meaning to do since I came across GitzenGirl's blog. She participated in The Gypsy Mama's 5 Minute Friday challenges and I am finally joining in!
Here are the guidelines from Gypsy Mama:
Write on the topic for 5 minutes flat with no editing, reviewing, judging, changing, etc. what you wrote. Just a "free write" for you educator types out there!
The topic for the day:
If I Knew I Could, I Would...
Go...
Keep up with posting in this blog. I would write about all of the wonderful little tidbits that happen each day in our lives. I would sit down without feeling guilty about other things I need to be doing instead of sitting and writing. I would remember that this blog is a place to jot down my memories that I can look back on in the future and savor. I would remember how much I enjoy writing, and remember how I have often thought how I would love to write a children's book one day...
I would feel courageous and start writing down ideas for this future children's book, start thinking of characters, places in my life, experiences I could draw from, etc. I would keep at it until the book was complete.
I would know that I won't unless I try...
Stop...


I love your 5-minute post and can identify with you about making time to write without feeling guilty...I feel that way so often myself. I tried the 5-minute writing challenge for the first time this week too...kind of scary, but fun.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend,
Cheryl
I often feel guilty about the time I spend on my blog, too, but then I realize that it is my 30 minutes (or 5 on Fridays!) of sanity where I can really be me and let my creative juices flow which ever way they want to. I do not have many creative outlets besides this!
ReplyDeleteOh, I have so felt like this. I love to spend time on my blog, and reading what others do. To me, it is amazing. Nice post today.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Cheryl, Mama Bear, and Patty Ann! I'll definitely make more of an effort to keep at it. It's too rewarding not to...
ReplyDelete