"Count your many blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings. See what God has done...When you are discouraged thinking all is lost...count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."
This then prompted me to look up the actual lyrics of this song. How rich this jewel is! Listen.
"Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.
...
So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end."
Counting gifts ~ blessings. I never realized what this song was really referring to, completely. Now after reading One Thousand Gifts (which I HIGHLY recommend), the song means even more. When we daily count our blessings, a miracle happens. Our outlook changes, and because of that, our life changes. It isn't just about thinking positively (which is what I always thought it meant). It means even in life's greatest trials, feel the pain of the trial...but, know that in the trial, there are blessings. And even "unhappy" events, can have the seed of a blessing in them. Such a hard truth.
Day 2
I'm thankful for moments of quiet. Time to think and relax before hectic days begin. Time to just be... Oh, and I'm definitely thankful for naps in the afternoons.
| Wonderful reminders on our kitchen wall... |

No comments:
Post a Comment