Anniversary

Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Minutes- Choose Joy

Image Source

I sit here with tears on my cheeks thinking about a blogger I've never met.  A couple of her buttons have been reminders on my blog from its beginning.  Her name is Sara and she's known as Gitz.  She is on her way Home as I type this...she may have already arrived, may already be sitting at the feet of our Lord.  Please go and read her story.  I have been encouraged by her words, her life for over a year now.  Through her many struggles, being homebound, experiencing constant debilitating pain, she chose JOY! She CHOSE it.  How?!  She knew her Lord loved her, had a purpose and plan, and chose to think of the joy, peace, faithfulness, and hope in life and in her Savior.  May I be such a person.  Even a fraction of her example. May I always remember her choice and make it daily for myself.

Before you go, please also read this tribute by one of her many friends.

Say a prayer for Sara, her family, and friends right now.  She has touched so many lives and has left her fingerprints on so many hearts.  Let her story touch your life as it has mine.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post and hard times. :( Your blog is adorable and you have a big heart, I can tell. Have a lovely day! Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how Jesus in another person's heart can be so compelling! I'm just getting to know about Sara now, her testimony is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just discovered you on the 5-Minute Friday list (which I joined today), and I see that you have a problem with your Link Within and your comments overlapping. I had the same problem until a few days ago, and thought you might like to have the solution I found to it. (Apparently, it's a common problem on the Watermark template.) This link (http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger/thread?tid=3c5106933cd555b9&hl=en)
    will take you to where I found the answer. Hope this is helpful.
    Jennifer
    The Beauty of Eclecticism
    (http://eclecticismjncl.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...