Anniversary

Saturday, May 28, 2011

5 Minutes: On forgetting...


You guys know how it works:
Write for 5 minutes, no editing, no worrying, just writing!

Topic for this week:
On forgetting…

Sitting here on the plane headed to Calgary, Alberta with my husband of 7 months and a few wonderful days, reminiscing with him about the last time we flew into Denver.  He had the ring in his backpack, unknown to me of course.  Now, I have two rings on my finger and he has one on his.  We made so many memories on that last trip.  So many memories without a scrapbook, without every image secured in some sort of digital media.  Our travels have taken us to exciting new places, places with details I want to preserve in my memories forever…But sadly it doesn’t seem to work that way, does it.  We can look back through our memories and sometimes only see bits and pieces of the wonder that we beheld.  I admit, it’s hard for me sometimes.  To restrain the picture taking, you know.  We come back from these trips with memory cards full of photos.  Me trying to hang on to the moments, trying to record every sight.  I am so thankful for the gift of travel, for seeing more of God’s creation, His beauty, His splendor.  I pray that He will help me hold on to the memories of these precious times with my husband, that He will help guide my camera to capture what He wants me to not forget…


2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! I know just how you feel about snapping pictures so you'll remember! :) Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana! I am totally a picture "hoarder"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...